Garage Door Inspections and Maintenance - Holt's Reliable Garage Door
Garage doors can be dangerous if they are not properly maintained or used incorrectly. Here are some of the dangers associated with garage doors and why it’s important to have a professional like Holt’s Reliable Garage Door conduct inspections and maintenance:
- Pinching and Crushing: Garage doors can pinch or crush objects, including fingers and limbs, that get caught in the door’s moving parts. This can happen when the door is opening or closing, or if it’s not properly secured in the open or closed position.
- Fall Hazard: A garage door that isn’t properly balanced or has broken springs can fall suddenly and without warning, posing a significant risk to anyone standing underneath it.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Carbon monoxide can build up in a garage if a car is left running with the garage door closed. This can be deadly if the fumes make their way into the house.
- Burglary: An improperly secured or damaged garage door can be an entry point for burglars. This can put your property and family at risk.
Regular maintenance and inspections by a professional like Holt’s Reliable Garage Door can help identify and address these risks. They can check the door’s balance, inspect the springs, ensure that the safety features are working correctly, and make any necessary repairs or replacements. This can help prevent accidents, extend the life of your garage door, and provide you with peace of mind knowing that your garage door is safe and secure.
What kind of Garage Door Maintenance does Holt’s Reliable Garage Door offer?
There are several types of maintenance that can be done to a garage door to keep it working properly and to ensure safety. Here are some of the most common types of maintenance for garage doors:
- Lubrication: Regular lubrication of the moving parts of a garage door, such as the rollers, hinges, springs, and tracks, can help keep the door operating smoothly.
- Inspection: Regular inspection of the garage door’s parts can help identify any damage or wear that needs to be repaired or replaced. The inspection can include checking the door’s balance, looking for signs of wear on the springs and cables, and checking the safety features, such as the sensors and emergency release.
- Tightening: Over time, the nuts and bolts holding the garage door together can loosen, which can affect its operation. Tightening the hardware can help prevent this from happening.
- Cleaning: Keeping the garage door clean can help prevent the buildup of dirt and debris that can affect its operation. Cleaning the tracks and wiping down the door can help ensure that it operates smoothly.
- Weatherstripping: Replacing or installing weatherstripping can help prevent drafts and leaks that can affect the garage’s temperature and energy efficiency.
It’s important to note that not all maintenance tasks can be performed by the homeowner. Some tasks, such as repairing or replacing the springs, should only be done by a professional. A professional garage door technician, like the folks at Holt’s Reliable Garage Door Repair, can identify potential problems and perform any necessary maintenance to keep the door functioning safely and efficiently.
How often does Holt’s Garage Door recommend for garage door maintenance?
Garage doors should be maintained regularly to keep them operating smoothly and safely. The frequency of maintenance depends on the door’s usage and condition. Here are some general guidelines on how often garage doors should be maintained:
- Annual Maintenance: It’s recommended to have a professional inspect and maintain your garage door at least once a year. During the inspection, they can identify any wear or damage and perform any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Seasonal Maintenance: It’s a good idea to perform basic maintenance tasks, such as lubrication and cleaning, at the change of each season. This can help prevent the buildup of dirt and debris and keep the door operating smoothly.
- As Needed Maintenance: If you notice any issues with your garage door, such as unusual noises or difficulty opening and closing, it’s important to address them promptly. Waiting to address issues can lead to further damage and potential safety hazards.
Keep in mind that these are general guidelines and the maintenance schedule may vary based on usage and other factors. If you’re unsure about how often your garage door should be maintained, it’s best to consult with a professional like Holt’s Reliable Garage Door for advice.